Wednesday 25 February 2009

Agatha Christie

Look what Patrick bought for me in Scotland the other day!!



It's the 1950's Omnibus, containing:
  • They came to Baghdad;
  • Destination Unknown;
  • Ordeal by Innocence;
  • The Pale Horse.
I started reading straight away and just love it. My love for Agatha Christie's novels started way back when I was a girl of about 16 years old. And now almost 30 years later her books fascinate me just as much as they did then. The only difference is that now I'm reading them in English instead of Dutch and that makes them so much more "English" and because of that I love them even more!!

6 comments:

  1. Wow, I admire how you are so bilingual. I have learnt a bit of French, Shona & Afrikaans in my time (the Afrikaans seems quite similar to your Dutch) but I have never become fluent in another language & still hope I can achieve that one day ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Agatha Christie as well!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You lucky girl, does that mean you have no time to scrap now???? lol

    Geniet ervan,
    liefs
    Mieke

    ReplyDelete
  4. yeah, love them too!
    and way back then I read them in Dutch as well but in English they are so much more fun.... I particularly like the Tommy & Tuppence stories but there aren't many.
    Have fun reading (or did you finish yet!),
    Stefanie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Zit ik net in het engels te reageren.....!
    He fijne dag,
    groetjes, Stefanie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Got a fun job over on my blog for you, if you care to play along ;-)

    ReplyDelete