Thursday 17 May 2012

Queen's Day

A quick post from me today.... it's almost midnight and for me that's late. Tomorrow it's my hubby's birthday and I still have to "decorate" the room (had to wait until he went upstairs and that took a while) and then I realized I hadn't posted my layout for the Dutch Dares new sketch challenge yet!!

So here we go! The sketch:


And my take:



At first glance my impression was "what a difficult sketch", but then the ideas came flooding in and guess what? My page was finished in only half an hour!!

The photo collage was created in Picasa. The papers are from My Mind's Eye, the orange banner is made from the crushed velvet cardstock from Doodlebug, the alphabet stickers and twine is from Doodlebug too and the mini alpha stickers are from My Little Shoebox. Add 2 buttons and 5 staples and you're done!!

Want to see what the other designers created, or maybe even join us?? Hop on over to the Dutch Dares blog!!

Thanks for visiting my blog today and see you soon!
Hugs,
Monique

11 comments:

  1. oh I love how many photos you have on your layout and it works!! gorgeous Monique!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fabulous page! The photos are wonderful and your details are perfect with them!

    ReplyDelete
  3. what a wonderful page and I love how you incorporated so many photos!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awsome! I admire all scrappar that can use that many photos on a page. I would love to do that. But I just can´t!

    Hugs maja

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous18 May, 2012

    Gefeliciteerd met Patrick! Wat een leuke LO weer. Echt Koninginnedag!!! Leuke schets ook. Tot morgen! Groetjes Yvonne.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Geweldige layout. Leuk hoe je alle Hollandse kleuren hebt gebruikt, zijn toch niet de allermakkelijkste (zeker met oranje erbij).
    Gefeliciteerd met je mannetje!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wat een supergave layout, heerlijk he dat Picasa! Je layout is helemaal Holland!! Gefeliciteerd met je man!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Heeeeel erg gaaf, meid! Leuk is dat Picasa hè? Erg handig. Je hebt een heleboel foto's op een overzichtelijk manier weten te verwerken en toch is er een mooie eenheid in je LO. Gefeliciteerd met je man!

    Groetjes, Marjan

    ReplyDelete
  9. Anonymous18 May, 2012

    Ooh wat een leuke layout !!! Leuk om zo'n collage te gebruiken. Ik zie dat zelfs de oranje-tompoucen niet ontbraken :-) En van harte gefeliciteerd met je Patrick !
    Groetjes Berdien

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is a GRAND page, Monique! WOW, what a wonderful design with all of those photos. I've always been afraid to use this many pictures on a page, but you made this work!!! I'll have to try it :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Dit is echt gaaf!!. Zoveel foto's op z'n leuke manier! Ben er weg van!

    ReplyDelete