Friday 12 April 2013

I went a bit wild ...

... with this layout, LOL! I don't know what happened ... me, who normally always scraps straight and plans every step very carefully, just misted, stamped, splashed with paint, tore and handcut my paper and sewed  this page in half an hour! and I think I actually like it!


This morning I found this sketch challenge on Elle's Studio and saved it onto my computer for later use. But then this afternoon, when I started to clean my desk I realized I didn't want to clean at all! I wanted to play!! and that's what I did ... I printed the sketch and a photo from our summer holiday from last year and just used all these new purchases that were lying on my desk, including the tags from Elle's Studio, and I LOVED it!


I even used my new paints and mask!




and this is the sketch (hope you can still recognize it!).


I got it from Elle's Studio, HERE.

Supplies: patterned paper, washi tape, stamp (today): Glitz Design (Color me Happy); tags and notes: Elle's Studio; kraft cardstock: American Crafts; flair buttons: Stash Panache; camera paper clips: Prima Marketing; Kraft tag: Papermania; date stamp: Amy Tangerine; mask: Kesi'Art; stamping ink: Doodlebug (tangerine) and Archival (black); distress stain: Tim Holtz (squeezed lemonade); color mists: Mister Huey's (gold, taxi, pretty pink); doilies: misc. Tools: sewing machine and Cameo.

And now I've got to walk the dog! When I'm scrapping I tend to forget about the time and all of a sudden it's evening and I should have walked with Jippie, done some shopping and cooking and instead I did none! So that's what I'll do now!

Have a fabulous weekend!! (I think Sunday we're finally getting some sun! hurray!!!)

Thanks for stopping by!
Hugs,

18 comments:

  1. This turned out great Monique. I cannot believe you made it in such a short time!.... Goes to show great things may happen if we just follow our cretaive inclinations. I am veryslow and would love to scrap faster....
    Looks like we are getting some sun on Sunday,. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dat mag je vaker doen, want het resultaat ziet er prachtig uit :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I must to stop by and say...GREAT CREATION. Just love all moviment in this page, the color and the photo. Good work.
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooohhhh geweldig! Ik ben het eens met Romy, vaker doen :-) Mieke

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oooh schitterende layout !! Heerlijk toch om je zo te laten gaan ! Moet je zeker vaker doen.
    Groetjes Berdien

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ik zag je layout en dacht ook direct: wat is er met Monique aan de hand :-) Vind het erg leuk en wat goed dat je dat zo snel gedaan hebt! Ik zeg ook: vaker doen!

    ReplyDelete
  7. WOW!!!!!! This is AWESOME!!! Love it!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wat is hij leuk!!! Heel vrolijk. Groetjes Yvonne Poot

    ReplyDelete
  9. Leuk,leuk,leuk!! Jahoor dit kun je best vaker doen, wat een geweldige layout Monique!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wat een supergave layout! Zo zie je maar, niet teveel nadenken en het gaat een stuk sneller....ben ik inmiddels ook achter haha

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wat een gaaf lootje is dat zeg!! lekker frisse kleuren top!

    En waa is de foto gemaakt..het komt me bekend voor...

    Groetjes Laura

    ReplyDelete
  12. oh... the layering on this is seriously YUMMY!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Gorgeous page! Love the mist and the paint splatters!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful layout Monique,love the paint and all of the small details !!

    ReplyDelete