Friday 8 April 2016

Pinterest Inspired - Pretty Little Studio

Today I'm sharing a layout I created for Pretty Little Studio based upon the Pinterest photo below. This Pinterest photo inspired me to use the Wonderland collection because it has the same soft colors as the Pinterest photo. The other inspiration came from the rain boot in the photo; I definitely wanted to use a photo in which someone was wearing boots, in this case my youngest son. Here's what I did:


I started my layout by painting the white cardstock with a bit of watercolor paint and adding a few drops of watercolor paint. After that had dried I cut the 8″ x 8″ “Winter Wishes” clear sheet diagonally in half and adhered it to two of the corners of my page. Next I matted my photo, stapled a clear word to it and layered it onto a few other papers. Then I tucked the snowman and the banner tails in between the papers and adhered everything to my background. The little word cut-outs, the flair button and a few stickers came next. I finished my page with some machine stitching and was done!

Here are a few detail photos: love the PLS flair buttons!!


and how cute is that snowman?!


I just can't get enough of these clear words! 


Love using watercolor paints, color mists and color shine!



PLS Products Used: Wonderland collection: paper: Wonderland 8 x 8 pack, Fireplace, Smores, Let it Snow; clear: Winter Wishes, Snow Cream Word Art; cut-aparts: Flurry Phrase Strips, mini word First Snow; die-cuts: vintage die-cut snowman #10; flair: Hot Cocoa; stickers: Planner Stickers Flannel Garland, Planner Stickers Frosty Assorted, Cocoa Vellum; vellum tape: Snow Angel.

And this is the Pinterest photo we used: 


Thank you so much for stopping by my blog today!

Have a great day! 
Monique

6 comments:

  1. Wat een leuke lay-out! Dat roze is een frisse vervanging op alle blauwe winterlay-outs die je meestal ziet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loveeeeeee this! LOVING the colors and the snowman!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Totally adorable as always. Your style is inimitable my friend! :-)
    Love the little snowman peeking out from the layers with his pipe.
    The watercolour looks great and the splats are perfect :-)
    I hope you enjoy your week end!! :-) xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. What an amazing layout!! You rocked the pink!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This collection is perfect for these snow day photos.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Totally amazing in every way!!!

    ReplyDelete