Saturday 24 September 2016

Best Day Ever - The Cut Shoppe

Hi everyone! I wanted to share another layout I created for The Cut Shoppe using the "Funky Florals" cut file. I chose a photo of my daughter on one of her favorite days during her foreign exchange High School year; the day of "Senior Night". The day was one big celebration! The papers I used are from the "Shine" collection from Maggie Holmes, which make a perfect match for the cut files I chose - with the flowery designs and the soft colors.


Here's the "Funky Florals" cut file I used. You'll find all of the cut files on my layout: the 4 different flowers and the two different leaves. LOVE how they look!


My initial idea was to color the white flowers, but when I placed them on the yellow background paper I like them better in white and so I decided to leave them like that.


Furthermore I decided to use my embossing powder for a change. I love the gold dipped look you see everywhere and thought that would look good on the wood veneer sentiment. I pressed the Versamark inking-pad on the bottom half of the wood veneer, covered it in gold embossing powder, shook off the excess powder and used my heating tool to melt the powder. Here's the result:


And one more close-up, just because:


Okay, this was my page! I hope I inspired you to use some of the fabulous cut files from The Cut Shoppe on your projects. To see all of cut files, please visit The Cut Shoppe etsy store!

Thank you so much for stopping by my blog! Wishing you a crafty day!



4 comments:

  1. This is gorgeous! LOVING the colors and those flowers!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a lovely photo....scrapped to perfection! LOVE how you embellish!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love those cut files! your layout is gorgeous as ever <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this one! The busy-ness of it, the colours and the cut files create a great backdrop to it all! And of course, the heat embossing is a fun thing to do:) OH! I See you're on the Stuck?! team....HUGE congrats. That's wonderful news !!!!

    ReplyDelete