Wednesday 8 February 2017

Happy Life - Like For Ever Kit Club

Hi, it's me again! I wanted to share the first layout I created with the February Beep Beep kit from "like for ever". I had so much fun playing with this kit! All the papers (Shimelle & Dear Lizzy) are so gorgeous, I really had trouble choosing the papers I was going to use for this first layout! My eyes kept going back to the Lil’ Bit Lovely paper (the one with the chevrons), so I decided to go with that one. What helped was that this paper matched the colours in my photo perfectly. I also used one of this month’s sketches (I’m a huge fan of sketches, so I want to use at least one of Laura Rumble’s awesome sketches every month!). Here’s what I created:


And this is the sketch I used:


I did make a few adjustments, like for example at the bottom of the layout … I really tried to keep the space “open”, but I just couldn’t do it, I had to fill it. I started by adding one of those tear strips that are added to all the sheets in this collection, but that wasn’t enough. In the end I used the part of the paper that I had cut off the top; I turned it around and adhered it right above the dark blue strip of paper. I tucked a bit of yellow patterned paper behind it as well, so it matched with what I had done at the top.


The photo I used was taken only last month. The kids were all wearing clothes in the same colour and didn’t even do this on purpose. I made them sit down and pose, which didn’t work of course. I took 20 photos and this was the best, lol. But I’m happy with it, especially because it matches this kit so well! I matted the photo on two pieces of patterned paper and added lots of die-cuts and stickers.

Here are a few close-ups:


ust adore those puffy icon stickers and would love to hoard them! But I realize that that would be a shame so I forced myself to use them. What I also love is that the Thickers come in two colours: in black and in white and you can choose which colour fits your page best.


The Dear Lizzy die-cuts in this kit are so cute, like that camera and the tag with the bike. Just adorable!


After a bit of machine stitching and a few drops of ink (not quite sure about those to be honest) I was done! Hope you like it.

Here's a photo of the wonderful February Beep Beep kit:

BEEP BEEP | FEBRUARY 2017 KIT
£29.45 (Sold out)

Featuring Shimelle's Little By Little and Dear Lizzy's Oh Lovely Day collection, each kit includes:

Nine 12x12" double sided patterned papers | Three 12x12" Textured Cardstock (Limeade, Fireberry and Surf) | One pack Little by Little Magic Thickers | One pack Oh Lovely Day Ephemera  | One pack Little by Little Enamel Dots | One pack Little by Little Puffy Stickers | One pack Oh Lovely Day Sticker Roll Tags

Thanks for stopping by to take a peek and wishing you a fab week!
xoxo
Monique

3 comments:

  1. DDat zigzagpatroon is erg gaaf! Wat een mooie lay-out! Ik vind dat kleine cameraatje er ook erg leuk bij staan.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is gorgeous! LOVING the colors!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The kit looks smashing....YES! You MUST use those puffy stickers. ME? I'm allowed to hoard mine, LOL!!! Love the white words and that chevron paper is really a statement piece. Great page :):)

    ReplyDelete