Tuesday 28 February 2017

Using those Thickers - My Creative Scrapbook Step By Step

Hi everyone! Today I wanted to share this step by step tutorial I created for My Creative Scrapbook using those amazing Thickers from the February Main Kit. This was already posted on the MCS blog so it's possible you already saw it.

I don't know about you, but I love to hoard my Thickers and the result is that I have now loads of them! I decided it was high time I started using them and so for this layout my main goal was to use as many Thickers as possible. The MCS February Main Kit contains these beautiful gold glitter Thickers from Dear Lizzy and they were perfect for what I had in mind. Here's the finished layout:


And here's my step-by-step:

For the heart shape I chose one of the many beautiful patterned papers of the kit, the Simple Stories "Posh" paper. I also selected a sheet of white cardstock, the Thickers and the photos I wanted to use. I found a heart template in my stash (from Technique Tuesday) that I wanted to use to draw a heart shape:


Using a pencil I drew around the heart template and hand cut it out: 



I decided to use the side with flowers instead of the pink & gold dots side and placed it on the blue Pink Paislee 03 paper from the kit, which I chose to use as background. I matted one of the photos: 


I wanted to fill the heart with the Thickers, but I also wanted to create my title with the same Thickers. To let them stand out I decided to color them. 


I tried a few of my markers before deciding that the Sharpies worked best. 


I adhered the title around the side of my photo and colored the letters red. Next I proceeded filling the heart with lots of randomly chosen letters, beginning at the edge of the heart and working my way inwards: 


After I had adhered all the letters I needed, I filled the smaller empty spaces with the smallest Thickers: the punctuation marks (dots and commas etc).


I really loved the result!


Now I was ready to create the rest of the layout: I added a strip of patterned paper at the top and bottom of the layout as well as a yellow triangle in two corners. I also doodled along the outer edge of the heart:


Last but not least I added a few stickers, chipboard embellishments & a Heidi Swapp clear word. I stamped the date stamp and did a bit of machine stitching and I was done! 


This is it! Hope you like it! Here are a few more close-ups of my finished page. Isn't that chipboard butterfly with all the gold beautiful?! 





Thank you so much for stopping by my blog today!

xoxo
Monique

4 comments:

  1. Echt heel gaaf zoals je de letters hebt gebruikt! Wat een mooie lay-out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love love love loveeeeeeeeeeee this! LOVING what you did with those alphas! PINNING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Moooooooooi hoor. Super gelukt

    ReplyDelete
  4. Moooooooooi hoor. Super gelukt

    ReplyDelete