Friday 24 March 2017

Like For Ever March Keepsake Kit Inspiration | Hello Greece

Hello everyone, it's time to share my 3rd layout created with the beautiful like for ever March Keepsake Kit! For this layout I decided to do some fussy cutting. This is not something I do very often, but I felt so inspired by many of the kit subscribers who often post beautiful layouts in our Facebook group with fussy cut elements on them. I really love those layouts and thought it was high time I give it a try too. Here’s what I did:


I fussy cut a few large and a few smaller flowers from one of Crate Paper’s Chasing Dreams papers ‘Garden Club’. From some of the flowers I cut the leaves off, but I also wanted a little bit of green so some of the leaves had to stay:



I really like the result but I did not find this an easy technique! I couldn’t do this without my reading glasses and even then I was squinting a lot at what I was doing, lol!

I took this photo of my daughter in Greece last year. I just love using those old Greek houses and doors as a backdrop for my photos. As I wanted the blue of the door to feature in my layout I matted the photo onto a piece of blue paper cut from the Chasing Dreams ‘Memories’ paper (not easy as I adore the cameras on the other side of this paper as well!). I also found a tag with some blue on it (from the Chasing Dreams ‘Adventure’ paper) and the text was perfect too, so that had to be included as well:


For the title I used the fun Thickers and one of the die-cuts from the kit:


After some machine sewing and a few drops of paint my layout was done! Hope you like it!


Thank you so much for stopping by to take a peek at my project! For more "like for ever" projects from the design team please hop over to their blog! Wishing you a sunny day!
xx
Monique

1 comment:

  1. Wat een mooie romantische lay-out en foto! Die bloemen staan er prachtig bij!

    ReplyDelete