Tuesday 7 March 2017

Like For Ever March Kit - 1st Layout!

Hi friends! Today I'm sharing my first project using the like for ever March Keepsake Kit on "like for ever's" blog! I’m a huge fan of all of Maggie Holmes collections and was over the moon when I heard that Crate's Chasing Dreams papers were part of this kit. I used the kit to scrap this photo of my daughter posing for one of the theatres on Broadway, New York last year. The theatre was right next to our hotel and of course we just had to attend one of the shows, which turned out to be School Of Rock. We had an amazing time and because I wanted to scrap this memory (I wanted to scrap every single moment of this holiday!) we went back to the theatre the next day to take this photo.


I started my layout by choosing a background paper and find that “ledger” papers always work well, so I chose the paper called “Royale”. Next I cut out all the cards and tags from sheet called “Adventure” and selected five of them to work with:


I arranged these five cards and tags along the bottom of my page and placed my square (matted) photo in the middle of the row. Next I cut a 3″ x 12″ strip from the “Memories” paper (the one with the cameras) and adhered this at the top of my page. I always make sure to apply only a minimal amount of glue, so that later-on I can easily slide extra bits and pieces under my papers and that’s what I did here as well; from the same Memories paper I cut another strip, much smaller this time, turned it around and slid it under the camera paper.

The bottom of my layout needed an extra strip of paper as well, which I cut from the “Hello Beautiful” paper. As I still thought that my page wasn’t “busy” enough I decided to create an extra border under the row with my photo and punched ten 1″ scalloped circles from the paper called “Maggie” and slid these partly under the cards/tags/photo:


Now that I had the base for my page the only thing left to do was the embellishing. The Project Life die-cuts from Becky Higgins were just perfect, like this gold flag with “currently”:


I also adore (!) the chipboard Thickers and used them for my title. I also had to try the pens from Vicki Boutin and used the gold one for part of my title:


The stamps from Heidi Swapp had to be tried as well and I really love the result!


Last but not least I added two enamel dots from and older kit (December), some washi tape, staples and machine stitching (of course) and I was done!


I hope I’ve been able to inspire you a bit and can’t wait to see what you all create with this kit!

Thank you so much for stopping by and wishing you a wonderful day!

Monique xoxo

3 comments:

  1. Beautiful page!! Always amazing design!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is GORGEOUS! LOVING the colors and the banner!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hij is prachtig geworden!

    ReplyDelete