Saturday 4 March 2017

Summer Fun - Pretty Little Studio

Hi friends! Today I'm sharing this page on Pretty Little Studio’s blog, using the “Here Comes The Sun” collection, designed by the so very talented Marie-Pierre Capistran! I so adore this collection with the fun flamingo’s, and hot air balloons!


I started my page by cutting one of The Cut Shoppe’s fun cut files: “Summertime Circles” from white cardstock. I grabbed all the little pieces of paper I had saved from the last time I used the Here Comes The Sun collection and used these the adhere behind the letters “Summer Fun”.


Next I also adhered some patterned paper behind the sun and it’s rays. I matted my photo on to two 3×4 journaling cards; one with gold stripes and with gold hearts. Now I added lots of embellishments, like the hot air balloon, the sentiment, the hearts and the clouds die-cuts on the right side of my photo:


And the fabulous flair button and the word sticker on the other side of the photo:


The flamingo and heart die-cuts came next, just like the word sticker and the date stamp:


Now I had finished the circle I had to decide what to use for the background. First I tried white on white, but that was way too white for me! So I selected four of my 8″x 8″ patterned papers and cut them to 6″x 6″ minus 1 cm and adhered them to the white cardstock background. Next I glued the circle on top, machine stitched the lot and added a black doodled line along the side of the circle and I was done!


And this is the digital cut file from The Cut Shoppe I used: Summertime Circles


I really love the result! Hope you do too!

Here’s what I used to create this page:
  • Pretty Please, Here Comes The Sun collection: Patterned Paper: Paper Pack Summer Party 8×8, Flaming Love, Sunrise, Pink Lemonade, Polka Dance Black, Beauty, Miss You Much, ; Die-Cuts: Here Comes The Sun; Flair: Heart You; Stickers: Think Positive; Journaling: Coffee Break, Everything OK 3×4;

Thank you so much for stopping by my blog to take a peek at my project!

Have a great day!
Monique

3 comments:

  1. Love love love love this! LOVING the four different backgrounds!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wat een superleuke, zomerse layout! Echt geweldig vormgegeven zo!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks fabulous and very summery. The pp's are lovely and I really like the flair and hot air balloon die cut. You're way clever using the circle in there, too:):)

    ReplyDelete