Sunday 30 July 2017

Pebbles Heart of Home Mini Cards

Hi friends! I just got back from a warm & sunny family holiday in the south of France and thought it was high time to update my blog! I noticed I didn't get around to post my last two Pebbles projects and guess that's a good way to start ...

Here's a project I created for them using their brand new Heart of Home collection.

When I saw the new collection from Jen Hadfield “Heart of Home“, it was love at first sight! What an amazing collection this is! I adore the soft colors and the beautiful designs! I decided to create a couple of mini cards, but once busy I couldn't stop and ended up creating 20!


I’ve always had a special love for small sized cards.  Whenever I see them in a store, I can’t resist buying them. They are so versatile! Not only can you send them to someone, they are also perfect to add to a present or hang from a bottle. If I won’t be home for a few days, I like to leave a little card on my kids’ or husband’s pillow with a little message inside. I created these cards with a single sheet of “Love of Home”  patterned paper and I didn’t even use all of the squares (there are 36 in total and I used 20 of them)! I also used 4 different colors of cardstock (white, kraft, pink and a light yellow).


Whenever I get started on a project, I like to see the entire collection (even though, in this case, I only used the Love of Home sheet). I used my trimmer to cut out all the squares:


The squares measure 5 cm x 5 cm and I cut two pieces of cardstock just slightly larger as a mat, both about 0.7 cm larger. The finished cards measure approx. 6.5 cm x 6.5 cm.


Before adhering the squares on the card base, I first made 20 sets as I wanted to decide on the color combinations and also add some machine stitching.


When the machine stitching was done, I glued the stitched squares on the cardstock bases and I was done!! It really took no time at all, but maybe that’s also because I had such a great time making the cards … time just flew!


Here’s one of the cards, aren’t the soft colors and pretty designs fantastic?!


And here are a few more:



When I was finished making the cards, I wanted to be able to see them rather then put them in my desk drawer with my other cards. I hung them in this We R Memory Keepers Clip Frame. I really love my collection of Heart of Home mini cards and hope you do too!


Supplies:

Jen Hadfield Heart of Home Double-Sided Cardstock 12″x 12″ Love of Home (733751)
American Crafts Textured Cardstock Pack 12″x12″ 60/pkg Neutrals (AC712P12-52)
American Crafts Textured Cardstock Pack 12″x12″ 60/pkg Spring (AC712P12-53)
American Crafts Cutup Scissors 7″ Pink (64201)
We R Organization Gallery Shadow Box Frame 17″x17″x2″(660876)

1 comment:

  1. Ohhhhhhhh wow wow wow!! These are all gorgeous!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete