Wednesday 13 December 2017

My Creative Scrapbook Step-By-Step Christmas Cards

Hi everyone!! Are you all done creating your Christmas cards?? I started only recently and thought that today I'd share a step-by-step tutorial for the Christmas cards I created with the December Main Kit from My Creative Scrapbook.

When I unpacked the December Main Kit one of the first items I noticed was the Hampton Arts Christmas Tree stamp & die set and I just knew I wanted to use it! So, that's what I did! Today I'm sharing my project and how I created it. Hope you like it!

These are the cards I made:


Here's how I created them:

I gathered the supplies I thought I was going to need:


As I still have to create a LOT of Christmas cards I wanted a quick & easy design and I also love small cards, so that's what I wanted too. I decided on the size 7.5 cm x 10 cm, which matches the size of the stamped trees perfectly (the cardstock base is 15 cm x 10 cm (= approx 4" x 6") and then folded in half).

I selected a patterned paper on which I stamped all three designs of the trees a few times:


Using my Big Shot I cut out the stamped trees using the Christmas Tree die that is included in the packet with the stamps. I used a magnetic platform which is definitely easier, but not necessary.


After cutting out multiple stamped trees, I also cut out several trees without the stamped design, using the same die:


For the background of my card I cut a few rectangles out of patterned paper. The largest are 0.5 cm smaller than the cardstock base and the smaller rectangles are 0.5 cm smaller than the larger ones. I stamped the sentiment at the bottom (using the stamps included in the package with the trees and the die) and used my sewing machine to add a stitched border.



Next I glued the non-stamped Christmas tree on my patterned paper:


Then I placed the stamped tree on top (without glueing it) and machine stitched it from top to bottom.

Last but not least I adhered the patterned paper with the trees on the cardstock base and folded both sides of the stamped tree upwards:


And that is all! A quick and easy Christmas card, but still with a little extra to make it special! And not only are there 3 different stamp designs, the papers in the kit are all double-sided so you can make endless combinations of trees!


Here's another quick look at the December Main Kit, the one I used to create these cards. I just adore the Falala collection from Crate Paper and was so happy so much of it was included in this month's kit!


Thank you so much for stopping by my blog today!

Wishing you happy scrapping and of course happy holidays!

xx Monique

1 comment:

  1. These are FABULOUS! LOVING those trees!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete